At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a staff agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated February 2019):
- Many businesses use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 79% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 77% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- It was reported of the 16,000 new hires 52% of them failed within 20 months and of these, 89% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 10% failed because of a lack of skills.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $9,000.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 79% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 33% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 21% look for creative thinking; and 13% look for something else in the candidate.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 37% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 3% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Phone interviews last 32 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 40 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 35% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 10 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new staff take between 23 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- The Australian
- The New York Times
- The Australian Financial Review
For more Accounting Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >