- Application Developer
8 Hiring Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following recruiting facts (Updated February 2019):
- On average there will be between 59 and 100 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 5% and 12% of these applicants get an interview.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 79% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $9,000.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 77% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- It was reported of the 16,000 new hires 52% of them failed within 20 months and of these, 89% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 10% failed because of a lack of skills.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Phone interviews last 32 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 40 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 35% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 10 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new staff take between 23 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 3% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 37% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >