At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a recruitment company, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated May 2021):
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $10,000.
- On average there will be between 59 and 90 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 4% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- Many enterprises use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 77% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 83% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 71% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Phone interviews last 32 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 45 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 35% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 10 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new candidates take between 24 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 40% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 34% look for multitasking skills; 29% look for initiative; 19% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
For more Assistant Relationship Manager Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job: